The New Church, 112 E. 35th Street. Swedenborgian church. Land bought by James Chesterman in 1850 and deeded to the Church following his death in 1854; church built 1858 in the Renaissance revival style. The front of the building was expanded in 1866. Architects: Charles D. Gambrill and George B. Post. The original front entrance moved to the side as part of renovations done in 1901 by York and Sawyer.