An image taken from the stage toward a two-level auditorium filled with theatre goers, Broadway at West 39th Street. The orchestra pit and its members are all visible. The audience is well dressed, many men in evening wear. Designed by Architects Kimbal & Wisedell, the Casino Theatre stood on this corner from 1882 to 1930. It was renovated and partially reconstructed in 1905 following a fire. For approximately 50 years, some under the management of the Shuberts, the theatre showed musicals, operettas and vaudeville acts.