Morgan Library and Annex, 29-33 East 36th Street.
Creators and Contributors
- Architect: McKim, Charles Follen, 1847-1909
- Architect: Morris, Benjamin W. (Benjamin Wistar), 1870-1944
- Architect: McKim, Mead & White
- Contributor: Potter, Edward Clark, 1857-1923
Morgan Library and Annex, 29-33 East 36th Street. Library built 1903-1906 ; Architect: Charles McKim of McKim, Meade & White. The Annex added 1928 on the site of J.P. Morgan's former residence ; Architect: Benjamin W. Morris. McKim's original 1906 library (foreground) was built in an Italian Renaissance Eclectic Style using the dry masonry technique. The 1928 Annex (background) followed Florentine Renaissance design principles. Sculptures by Edward Clark Potter and Andrew O'Connor decorate the exterior of the McKim building. Caption reads: J. Pierpont Morgan Library; E. 36th St.
Type of Resource
Digitized by Mina Rees Library; City University of New York. Graduate School and University Center.
Extent:1 photographic reproduction ; 24.1 x 18.1 cm.
- Pierpont Morgan Library
- Museum architecture
- Museum buildings
- Renaissance revival (Architecture)
- Dry walls (Masonry)
- Reliefs (Sculptures)
- Murray Hill Neighborhood (New York, N.Y.)