118-124 East 36th Street. No. 120 - Former residence of Col. Henry L. Stimson, Secretary of State in President Hoover's Cabinet. 1937. Group of 4 row houses, 116-122 E. 36th Street; Built: c. 1858; Razed: 1955; Architect: George J. Hamilton. 124 E. 36th Street; Built: 1863. A four-story addition built onto the back of the house: 1885; Architect: John H. Duncan.