The New Church, 1977.
Creators and Contributors
- Architect: Gambrill, Charles D. (Charles Dexter), 1832-1880
- Architect: Post, George Browne, 1837-1913
- Architect: York & Sawyer
- Photographer: Pins, Anita
The New Church, 112 E. 35th Street. Swedenborgian church. Land bought by James Chesterman in 1850 and deeded to the Church following his death in 1854; church built 1858 in the Renaissance revival style. The front of the building was expanded in 1866. Architects: Charles D. Gambrill and George B. Post. The original front entrance moved to the side as part of renovations done in 1901 by York and Sawyer.
Type of Resource
New Church (New York, NY)
Trustees of the Church of the New Jerusalem.
Digitized by Mina Rees Library; City University of New York. Graduate School and University Center.
Extent:1 photographic reproduction ; 24.2 x 16.5 cm.
- New Church (New York, NY)
- New Jerusalem Church
- Church buildings
- Chesterman, James
- Renaissance revival (Architecture)
- Brownstone (Material)
- Murray Hill Neighborhood (New York, N.Y.)