390 Fifth Avenue. Exterior image of the Gorham Building which was completed in 1906. It was designed by Stanford White of McKim, Mead, and White in the early Florentine Renaissance style with double height Doric columns at street and roof levels. The building continues to occupy this space. It was designated as a Landmark Site by the Landmarks Preservation Commission in 1998.
The images and information provided in this collection may not be reproduced in any form without permission from the Mina Rees Library, The Graduate Center, City University of New York, except for "fair use" as defined by copyright law. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item from the 34th Street digital collection and for securing any necessary permissions rests with persons desiring to use the item.
McKim, Mead, & White
390 Fifth Avenue (New York, N.Y.)
Buildings--New York (State)--New York
Fifth Avenue (New York, N.Y.)
Stores & shops--New York (State)--New York--1900-1920
Historic buildings--New York (State)--New York
Digital version published by City University of New York. Graduate School and University Center, Mina Rees Library.