Interior, Morgan Library atrium, 225 Madison Avenue, 2009. Central atrium of the Morgan Library. Built: 2006. Architect: Renzo Piano. The atrium was added as part of an expansion project which integrated the three existing buildings on the Morgan's campus and added additional exhibition space. To the left is visible the exterior wall of the Phelps Stokes House, which was home to J.P. Morgan, Jr. from 1904 until his death in 1943. Following J.P. Morgan, Jr.'s death his estate sold the property to the United Lutheran Church in America. In 1988 the church sold the building to the Pierpont Morgan Library and it was repurposed as a museum building.