Marble Hall, Morgan Library, 29 East 36th Street, 2009. Following J.P. Morgan's death his home on the corner of Madison Avenue and E. 36th Street was razed and an addition to his library built on the site. Though the two buildings appeared to be separate they connected through a back corridor. Built: 1928; Architect: Benjamin W. Morris. The Marble Hall connects the East and West Galleries in Benjamin Morris's addition to the original Morgan Library building. Morris's Italian Renaissance-inspired building complements the classicism of the Morgan Library's original 1906 building. Key decorative features of the Marble Hall include the inlaid marble floor and the metalwork ceiling panels.