Church of the Holy Trinity, East 42nd Street and Madison Avenue, looking east from Fifth Avenue toward Grand Central Depot, 1890. Written on the photo negative: "Dr. Tyng's Church". The Episcopal Church of the Holy Trinity; Built: 1874 ; Razed: Date unknown ; Architect: Leopold Eidlitz. The church was built by a parish founded in 1864 by Stephen H. Tyng. In 1895 the church merged with St. James Church and the building was sold.
The images and information provided in this collection may not be reproduced in any form without permission from the Mina Rees Library, The Graduate Center, City University of New York, except for "fair use" as defined by copyright law.
Forty-second Street (New York, N.Y.)
Church of the Holy Trinity (New York, N.Y. : Episcopal)
Grand Central Terminal (New York, N.Y.)
Church architecture -- German influence
Tyng, Stephen H. (Stephen Higginson), 1839-1898
Romanesque revival (Architecture)
Murray Hill Neighborhood (New York, N.Y.)
Digitized by Mina Rees Library; City University of New York. Graduate School and University Center.